Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sometimes I just walk out into the kitchen and say, "What can I concoct today?" Usually, it needs to be quick and easy. So for experimentation I whipped up a quick Chicken Spaghetti dish with soy/grape jelly marinade. Oh my, it's actually a hidden gem of flavor! Little heavy in the carbs so I watched my portion.

Chicken Soy Speghetti
Chicken - Peach/Water Cress - Speghetti






1/2 c Chopped Chicken (150 cals)
1 c Spaghetti (90 cals)
1/2 c Water Cress/Dill (10 cals)
3 Peach slices (50 cals)
1/2 tbls Parmesan Cheese (70)

Calorie Total - 370

To make the Chicken Speghetti I cooked some speghetti in boiling water. Once the speghetti cooked, I drain it. In a pan I sautéd a quater onion and a clove of garlic in cooking spray. I then added the chopped chicken and the speghetti and mixed it all up and let it cook for a minute. Then I took a table spoon of soy sauce and a 1/2 a tablespoon of Smucker's grape jelly. I added a drizzle of vinegar and whisked it up and poured the soy mix into the skillet with the Chicken Speghetti. I let it cook for about a two minutes. I plated it and sprinkled Parmesan cheese over it.

No comments: